fraud web and email

ckcaceres
New Community Member

I did a google search for Pay pal and got an unauthorized web page. Thinking I was talking to the real Pay pal they told me that I had three other unauthorized people on my account and it was going to be a process.

They had me download Anydesk app and then cash app. To make a long story short they had me put my current debit card in and had me transfer $1955 and later $455, to clear these additional people off my Pay pal account.

That was the last that I saw the money. I have reported it to Visa at the bank, Police, and FTC. I'm not sure if Pay pal can do anything about someone using there company name.

I have been trying to get through to the resolution center on this site and can't get anywhere. Someone help me Please.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ckcaceres 

You should never use google to get Paypals number as scammers set up fake numbers that get picked up in a google search.

Thats why paypal doesn't even put their number in this forum, because scammers have been known to start threads in here with fake scam numbers in the post in the hope that others will see and use it.

The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to the 'call us' option to phone them....which is unlikely at the moment as most of their phones are unobtainable at the moment.

If you think about it why would paypal ask you to download apps or send money to do anything account related?

Sadly reporting it to the police etc is pointless really as the scammers use unidentifiable phone numbers and work out of internet cafes in another continent normally. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.