change community username + fees for receiving money from friend

KazuT
New Community Member

1.) I'd like to change my community forum username. Not sure why there's no option for me to do so myself?

2.) I received money for a friend and was charged a fee. Not really a problem; but when I chose the option "receive money from a friend", I thought there was a dialog that said PayPal only charge fees if I'm selling something?

Does it depend on the way my friend sends the money to me? Maybe he picked the wrong option?

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Basics/Fee-charged-when-receiving-money-from-a-friend/m-p...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KazuT 

1. Click on the 3 dots on your post and scroll down to report inappropriate content, I know its not inappropriate but it will be read by a moderator and they should be able to help you with a name change.

2. Its down to how the payment was SENT to an account.

1. If sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see the recipient as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If sent using the send money > family / friends option then the recipient would have the payment instantly (as long as it wasn't an echeque pending with a clearance date) with no fee if funded from a bank account or balance (a fee if you use a card). (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @KazuT,

Thank you for your post! I'd be happy to help you with changing your username. If you reply to this thread with what you would like to change your username to, I or another moderator can review the name and make the change as long as it meets the Community Guidelines. Alternatively, you can use the steps that @kernowlass mentioned to send us a request, which might be seen a little sooner.

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.