What see sellers

Karlovanea
New Community Member
I have a qustion .... When i pay with my visa card with paypal ... others stores can see my card number ?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Karlovanea

No, not even large stores. 

Think of PayPal as a digital wallet. If you checkout through PayPal either by logging in or through Guest Checkout, the seller/merchant/retailer never obtain your card or banking details.

The only exception to this would be a PayPal Virtual Terminal transaction or a PayPal Here keyed transaction. You could possibly have these payment options if you called in an order over the phone or were traveling in a country that offers retailers Here devices, and in a very limited situation from a merchant with a device traveling in Moldova.

With an online transaction, a seller wont know if you payed with your card, your available PayPal balance, or a mixture of the two.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Karlovanea

No. PayPal doesn't share your financial information with sellers.

Only you and PayPal know your card details.

Login to Me Too

Karlovanea
New Community Member
Big store also cant see even you pay with visa via paypal ?(money for order you take from your card not paypal balance)
Login to Me Too
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Karlovanea

No, not even large stores. 

Think of PayPal as a digital wallet. If you checkout through PayPal either by logging in or through Guest Checkout, the seller/merchant/retailer never obtain your card or banking details.

The only exception to this would be a PayPal Virtual Terminal transaction or a PayPal Here keyed transaction. You could possibly have these payment options if you called in an order over the phone or were traveling in a country that offers retailers Here devices, and in a very limited situation from a merchant with a device traveling in Moldova.

With an online transaction, a seller wont know if you payed with your card, your available PayPal balance, or a mixture of the two.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.