This seems super shady

Justyjames
Contributor
Contributor

Confirmation of your Payment Dear, Justin <removed> . This is to confirm to you that we have received your payment of $2,500.00 CAD from the buyer (Colin <removed>) A Premier Merchant Account holder for your Item sold. We want to inform you that the money has been deducted from the account but will not be credited into your account until we receive the information or proof that the said amount which the buyer requested has been sent out to the pick up agent Headquarter via Bitcoin ATM. A total amount of $2,500.00 CAD has been deducted from the buyer's account and will be credited into your account as soon as we receive the requested information from you. After we receive the payment details from you for security purpose your account will be credited at once. Our system has witnessed new upgrades, Please do not be surprised if you see us requesting for strange information and forwarding you to new customer attendants, It is due to the amount of fraud going on involving our name which we are trying all our best to limit and put a stop to. As soon as we receive the requested information from you, your account will be credited immediately. Colin <removed> have no access to stop the payment or reverse the fund of this transaction after or before you send the pick up agent fees up front. So we urge you to go and send the $450.00 CAD to the Bitcoin Address given to you and get back to us with the Bitcoin Receipt so we can release the total fund to your account. All you have to do is go to the nearest Bitcoin ATM closer to you and send the Bitcoin to complete this transaction. Send it to the agent HQ Bitcoin Address provided by the buyer, this is due to new policies at PayPal to protect both the buyer and the seller in the face of the growing number of fraudulent activities perpetrated via the Internet. Your payment is intact. You are encouraged to complete this transaction. We are working together with Bitcoin on this transaction. This is a Steps to the Buying Bitcoins using Bitcoin ATM: Click “Buy Bitcoin” Choose coin (e.g. Bitcoin) Click scan QR Scan QR of the wallet Insert cash bills Press “Finish” Take printed receipt Be informed that this transaction is only available and can only be tracked and traced via email, so do reply back to us if you have any question about the transaction . We are assuring of you a 100% safety, and as soon as the payment details is been emailed to us, a total funds will be credited into your account. If you have questions about this payment for your sold item or service, please contact PayPal directly by replying to this email. Please Click ( Yours sincerely, PayPal This email was sent to your email address, for the continuous support and maintenance of your account. To manage your communications preferences, please see our preferably Center . Please do not reply to this email. We can not respond to questions sent to this address. For immediate answers to your questions, visit our Help by clicking Help &amp;amp; Customer Service on any page of the website or email PayPal. PayPal is committed to protecting your privacy. Learn more about our Privacy Policy . Copyright © 2020 PayPal Canada Co., <removed>. All rights reserved.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Justyjames 

That's because it is. Total scam.

PayPal don't:

- Ask you to pay a third party agent.

- Ask you to use bitcoin.

- Don't write you a g--damn essay in their payment confirmation emails. Only who paid, how much, for what, transaction ID, date and not much else.

- Ask you to buy a gift card.

- Ask for a shipping info before receiving payment.

If someone REALLY paid, you will see a record of payment fairly instantly in your PayPal account and it will say whether you can ship under "What should I do next?" within the transaction details.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Justyjames 

That's because it is. Total scam.

PayPal don't:

- Ask you to pay a third party agent.

- Ask you to use bitcoin.

- Don't write you a g--damn essay in their payment confirmation emails. Only who paid, how much, for what, transaction ID, date and not much else.

- Ask you to buy a gift card.

- Ask for a shipping info before receiving payment.

If someone REALLY paid, you will see a record of payment fairly instantly in your PayPal account and it will say whether you can ship under "What should I do next?" within the transaction details.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Justyjames
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks I thought so but a second opinion makes me feel much better
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.