Text phishing scam??

Victorthesecond
New Community Member

Sorry if this has been raised before....I;ve just received a text from <removed> saying (I quote exactly): "Your PayPal has been temporarily Limited! You have 24H to confirm account information or your account will be locked:!

Then there is a link which I'm not going to follow.

I've logged in to my account and all is fine. This looks like one of the scamming low-life turds, so I've blocked the number as well. And changed my password....

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

CH1066
New Community Member

Received text message from +44 (0[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] by SMSCaster.com: ALERT: Your Paypal account has been limited due to suspicous activity, verify your account via <removed> Unfortunately PayPal don’t appear to investigate scam text messages

Login to Me Too

AuntyScammer

Text from <removed> proporting to be from Paypal, with URL link.

Login to Me Too

michaele121

I got one of these as well. Paypal has an email reporting option. Is there a text forwarding option where I can forward a suspicions sms to them?

Login to Me Too

Millly1

I got this text today. Is this a scam? #PAY_PAL: You've sent $1499.99 AUD to Intel's services co. ltd. on 2021/07/11 TXN-ID#140DB341E9OS, If any Dispute Give us a call: <removed> Thank You.!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.