Scam Paypal "Account has been suspended" email

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

Just a heads up - email starting to come out regarding the recent paypal problem of our accounts being temporarily limited. 

I had to change the @ symbol after service a couple of times below - paypal does not allow it.

Sender is "supposed" to be:

<removed> <removed>

Without opening the email, you can check the content of the email by right clicking on that email and selecting 'view raw message'

Received: from 10.214.140.253 by atlas321.free.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with HTTP; Tue, 13 Oct 202[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Return-Path: <removed> Received: fro[Removed. Phone #s not permitted](EHLO mail-ot1-f98.google.com) by 10.214.140.253 with SMTPs; Tue, 13 Oct 202[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] X-Originating-Ip[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Received-SPF: none (domain of pencalogoblo.net does not designate permitted sender hosts) Authentication-Results: atlas321.free.mail.gq1.yahoo.com; dkim=unknown; spf=none smtp.mailfrom=pencalogoblo.net; dmarc=unknown header.from=hVmYDcPe-78542012.org;

other info:

X-Relaying-Domain: pakpetanilupa.org Date: Tue, 13 Oct 202[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] To: my email address here From: <removed> <removed> Subject: Your account has been suspended (Ref - 54678640215) Message-ID: <3Osz7CaXqWiTOemNiSuCc7DMgbpwF8lHXjtSEO0oy9I AT srv-4398.gmail com> X-Priority: 3 X-Mailer: PHPMailer 6.1.5 (https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer)

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

I had to remove the @ symbol throughout that text I posted above.

I also could not label the topic with Scam or Junk or Perpetrator - but get the gist of it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gudguy1a 

That email has been circulating for years, glad you were not caught out though.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gudguy1a
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, long time piece of crap it is.

I work in cybersecurity and intelligence and posted it primarily for all the folks who have not received that kind of email and to provide some kind of background of what to look for in it.  I wanted something posted in the chats for folks to search on if they wanted to.

That was all.

But even still, sometimes, these perps get lucky and snag experienced folks - it happens, none of us are infallible.

We can never let our guard down, especially when it comes to one's finances (or life).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.