Refunds

Jbeach408
Contributor
Contributor

If someone were to sell a laptop on the facebook marketplace and state everything about the laptop correctly with a no refund policy and pay with paypal. Could the buyer still get a refund and get the money out of the seller's account? All of this happened at a local store where they exchanged prices and shook on agreement about the buyer buying the laptop from the seller.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jbeach408 

There should be no buyer protection if the item was collected but that should be clearly listed on the invoice or money request when the buyer paid.

If not and paypal dealt with it as a normal transaction via mail then the buyer could open a dispute for item received but not as described.

The sellers no refund policy is for buyer remorse only, if the buyer cites the item is not as described then paypals policies trump the sellers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jbeach408 

There should be no buyer protection if the item was collected but that should be clearly listed on the invoice or money request when the buyer paid.

If not and paypal dealt with it as a normal transaction via mail then the buyer could open a dispute for item received but not as described.

The sellers no refund policy is for buyer remorse only, if the buyer cites the item is not as described then paypals policies trump the sellers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jbeach408
Contributor
Contributor
So if there is no record that the transaction happend besides verbal exchange and handing off the laptop physically to the person could a refund still happen even though the seller doesnt want to refund the buyer?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jbeach408 

Yes, read up on seller protection and then you can risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.