Refund to get my money??

dori94
New Community Member

I am absolutely new to PayPal. I recently sold an item to someone for 400$ and she has sent me a couple different emails. First email said the money(550$ she gave me extra to pay for shipping) was just waiting to be sent until I gave her a tracking number after I sent out the item. The second email said it has all been approved and then right after I got an email saying my account is limited and in order for that limitation to go away the buyer needed to send another 450$. The final email I got says that in order for me to to get all the money I need to send her a 450$ refund and then the money will appear in my account. But since I have never used PayPal I feel a little worried about all this. 

I haven't seen anything in my account and she just tells me to follow the directions on the emails that I receive but I do not want to send her 450$ if this is not a legit thing. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @dori94,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! What you've described doesn't sound like a legitimate sale. PayPal would never ask you to send money to receive money, and even if the payment was on a hold, you would still see the entry in your PayPal account. Here's a great Help Center article on Some Common Scams and How to Spot Them. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.