Potential Scammer: What should i do?

Killersoda
New Community Member

So earlier today i got an invoice on through PayPal. This was the first red flag because i have NEVER received an invoice from my several years of using PayPal. The invoice stated it was from GoDaddy and that they were charging to renew my domain. The clever part is they had my domain as the invoice # as my domain.

The part that really caught my attention and made me laugh was the fact that this person did a horrible job of hiding their real name as it clearly states that some russian person is trying to charge me 64 dollars for a domain that i pay 2.99 a year for.

TL;DR

Is there a place on here for me to report a scammer? This dude clearly is trying to take advantage of me and i hate to see what other people might actually do if they were in a similar situation. I was a little alarmed when i saw an invoice from GoDaddy and I had to check when my next payment was. This dude probably makes a living off of checking the very public info attached to these domains and attempts to scam people out by claiming he is from GoDaddy. I have proof in images and PDFs.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Killersoda 

If you click on legal bottom right of paypal pages and then select the acceptable use policy from the list on the left then there is a link on the word ''report'' in that policy to report violations of any of paypals policies.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.