Paypal Buyers Protection

Axassh
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, i know that if I use PayPal to buy something off a website I am covered under the PayPal buyer protection, but if I’m simply transferring to an individual for an item, am I still covered? Trying to buy a hoodie from someone in Australia, I can only pay her using PayPal. So would PayPal still be able to protect my transfer if anything happens to the package?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Axassh 

Depends how you pay, if you use the goods/services option or they send you a money request or invoice then you would have buyer protection.

But that protection is not a 100% coverall so your best bet is to go read up about it in paypals user agreement and then risk assess your transaction.

Also if you do send payment OR they send you an invoice make sure the item is FULLY described on that payment method. 

Because if there is no web site to view the item and you order an expensive watch and they send you a toy watch and the only thing on the invoice is ''watch'' then you would probably lose any dispute for 'item received but not as described'.

I would also fund your paypal payment via a credit card for extra protection if you choose to go ahead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.