Payments

Ayudame1
Contributor
Contributor
If I make a payment for a rent of an apartment for vacation (like Airbnb), but to a private person (No third involved like Airbnb or others who usually take care of your payment), Does PayPal pays my money back if it was a scam, so the apartment does not exist? Thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ayudame1 

Make sure to send your payment as goods and services, then you get buyer protection and able to dispute the payment.

While sending payment via Send & Request, click "Change" link to select "Paying for an item or service" under the amount field. 

Or ask for a PayPal Invoice that has "Allow partial payments" option enabled so you can make a deposit:

To accept a deposit or partial payment through a PayPal invoice, check the Allow partial payment box at the bottom of the invoice.

A minimum amount could also be set. Sender can then make a full payment, pay the minimum, or pay an amount greater than the minimum. The invoice will have a Partially Paid status until it’s paid in full. The amount paid will also appear on the invoice for both parties.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.