Payment pending

ttrann
New Community Member

I just sold a phone to someone through let, but used PayPal to transfer money. The person i sold the phone to said they sent the money to me, and I received two emails (from an email from gmail not PayPal). The first saying that it was a receipt for his PayPal payment to me. It also stated that the payment was "APPROVED" and has been deducted from his account but won't be credited to mine until I provide them with a tracking number for the product. The second was, more or less, a reminder to provide the shipping number. I was wondering if this was a normal thing, or if this guy is trying to scam me, because I think it is a little odd that the email is with gmail.com, when all emails I've had from PayPal in the past have been from their website. I've just never done a sale like this before so I wanted to be extra cautious. Also I didn't get a notification on my PayPal app that i had a payment pending, like I usually do.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.