PayPal User Agreement appears to be wrong?

2Flow2
Contributor
Contributor

I live in the U.S. In the User Agreement for PayPal Services, under Section 14 Exhibit A - Fees, it says that there is a Commercial Payment Fee that applies to all countries (except the ones listed. The United States isn't listed.) of 3.9% for all international transactions plus a fixed fee dependent upon the seller's country.

image.png

One of my orders did not match this. After contacting PayPal Customer Service and talking to a representative, he directed me to this page which says international transactions have a 4.4% transaction fee instead of a 3.9%. That number accurately describes the fee I was charged for the anomalous order.

So I guess that makes the User Agreement wrong? I just wanted to point that out to PayPal employees, because it seems like that is something that definitely needs to be fixed if it is wrong. Unless I am somehow reading this document wrong, though I don't think I am.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@2Flow2

The user agreement link that you posted pertaining to an account in Vietnam, is linked from a US PayPal help page. This is probably how you came across it. How to know which country the user agreement is for? From the country code in the link. The "vn" in the link, is the identifier for a Vietnam account.

https://www.paypal.com/vn/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#exhibit_A

As for the format listing the fees, I do see what you're referring to.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@2Flow2

This first link with the 3.9% international payment fee, is for an account registered in Vietnam. 

The second link is correct. The fee for a US account receiving a payment for selling goods or services, from a PayPal account registered outside of the country, is 4.4% plus the fixed fee.

Here is a US PayPal link with fee information for some additional products.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees?locale.x=en_US#standard-transaction-fees

Login to Me Too

2Flow2
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it for accounts registered in Vietnam? You can see in the clip of the screenshot I posted that it says "All countries excepted as listed below" as the seller?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@2Flow2

The user agreement link that you posted pertaining to an account in Vietnam, is linked from a US PayPal help page. This is probably how you came across it. How to know which country the user agreement is for? From the country code in the link. The "vn" in the link, is the identifier for a Vietnam account.

https://www.paypal.com/vn/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#exhibit_A

As for the format listing the fees, I do see what you're referring to.

Login to Me Too

2Flow2
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, I see! Yes, thank you, that makes sense! I believe it was linked to in one of their Help articles and that's how I found it. Thanks for clearing that up, I hope they fix that link!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.