Opening an account without Paypal defaulting it to Canada

Khim101
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to open an US Paypal account but every email I use is defaulting me back to Canadian. I have tried with a brand new email address and it still defaults me back to Canadian. Please help

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Khim101 

Would help if you said what country you are actually living in?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Khim101
Contributor
Contributor

I am a Canadian and currently living and working in USA. I thought I did mention that in my post, I am sorry, this is my first attempt in here.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Khim101 

Are you clicking on 'register' on paypal.com and then clicking on the drop down box to select U.S from the list of countries?

Also remember you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have 2 of the same type you 'risk' them being limited. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Khim102
New Community Member

@kernowlass Thank you for your answer but now that I have the US account, my Canadian one seems to have disappeared. I can log in under my Canadian email and it still defaults to my newly opened US one. I am now very confused, I only have 2 accounts, one US and one Canadian. What am I doing wrong? P.S. Thats the reason the username here is Khim102

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.