Offer to purchase legitimacy

Lpaulucci
Contributor
Contributor

I have an offer for a dining table I am selling. This is what a buyer is offering. Is it legit? I have make the payment and you will have receive an email from paypal in your inbox/spam folder, I sent the total sum of $622.00 CAD which i included the shipping fee of $252 CAD for the shipping company and the money is going to there headquarter's in UAE and also with the additional payment of $20 CAD for the western union charges. All what you have to do now is to make the payment online or you can go to western union office and make the upfront payment of $252 CAD to the shipping agent address given to you by paypal and send the copy of western union receipt to paypal via the email they send to you. Once paypal verify the receipt they will get your account credited immediately with the total sum of $622.00 CAD Below is the address you have to make the payment of $252 CAD to First Name: <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Lpaulucci,

Great question, what you've described sounds like a common scam. You will never have to use Western Union along with PayPal to receive funds through our services. Here's a link to one of our Help Center articles with some great info on How to spot fake, fraudulent, spoof, or phishing emails as well as common Scams on Craigslist and Other Classifieds Websites.

I hope that helps and good luck selling your item!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Lpaulucci,

Great question, what you've described sounds like a common scam. You will never have to use Western Union along with PayPal to receive funds through our services. Here's a link to one of our Help Center articles with some great info on How to spot fake, fraudulent, spoof, or phishing emails as well as common Scams on Craigslist and Other Classifieds Websites.

I hope that helps and good luck selling your item!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Lpaulucci
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jon K

Thank you for your time and response to this.  

I thought as much.  When I questioned this person's offer, I didn't hear back from him.  I did get about 5 different offers with about the same ways of paying for the item I have for sale.  Some of them, after I questioned them, replied with the same conditions of payment to me or slightly altered.  One person would not give up and then became very aggressive in her messages to me.  I stopped replying.  It is a shame that so many of these types of people are out there and have access to Kijiji.  Is there no way to block them once they are identified?  It would be nice to be able to go onto this site without fear of such scams being offered.  I would assume not all are as leary and skeptical as I am and might fall for their rouse.  It is really unfortunate.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.