New Seller, Advice Needed

JoolsM
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a pair of designer shoes to a buyer based in the US. This is my first time receiving payment on PayPal and I want to make sure everything is genuine before I send them as they are worth £200.00.

The buyer asked me to send him a payment requests which I did, and now I can see a corresponding amount in green 'pending' in my activity.

I received an email from an <removed> emailwhich ended up in my Junk folder. It confirms that I have received the payment, but I have to email tracking information to a different email in order to get the funds released.

I just wanted to check this is legitimate before I send off the shoes as the buyer wants the shoes shipping to a different person in South Africa and the contact name on the email is different to his name. As email also went in my spam folder, and i've not seen one before, I was a bit dubious. There doesn't seem to be anything actually on the Paypal record saying I have to provide information to release the funds. I forwarded in to the <removed> email but haven't heard back yet and I'm not sure how long they take to get back to you.

Thanks for any advice.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoolsM 

The pending money request is pending because he HAS NOT PAID and probably does not even have a paypal account, they need the money request to get your email address to send you fake paypal emails.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoolsM 

The pending money request is pending because he HAS NOT PAID and probably does not even have a paypal account, they need the money request to get your email address to send you fake paypal emails.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JoolsM
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.