How much Paypal commission is

WillStore
Contributor
Contributor

In my ebay store , each transaction has different rate of commission. Yesterday I got $490+$50(shipping fee) incoming and the commission is 21.36, the rate is 3.96%.  $13.79 income and commission is $0.86, rate is 6.2%. $14.78 income , the commission is $0.88, rate is 5.9%.

Those different rate is really confusing. Can someone help me ?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Cross border (intl) PayPal fees are higher than local (domestic) fees. What Country are you in?

The $21.36 fee for $540.00, is at 3.9% + 30 cents. Same with $13.79 @ 3.9 % + 30 cents, same with $14.78 @ 3.9% + 30 cents

Using International fee rate of 3.9% + $.30 cents

You are going by the percentage of the total amount but the PayPal fee has always been 3.9% + 30 cents for all of the income you presented here.

However currently the US intl PayPal fee is 4.4% + 30 cents so your PayPal account is likely not a US account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

ebay has fee schedule on its site,it varies with categories and if you have a shop or not .

we don't know what you sell and if you are powerseller top rated or selling auction or bin  

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

sorry,you are referring to Paypal fee,not ebay fee.

domestic transaction 2.9% plus 30 cents

cross border 4.4% plus 30 cents

currency conversion 3%

micro payment is different

go to paypal to see fee schedule

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

always state what country !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.