Hide Account Info

User924
Contributor
Contributor

Can I hide my address and email from people who send me money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @User924 

If someone is sending you money, your address will not be shared with them. The only time this is going to be shared is when you use it as a shipping address on a purchase (which doesn't apply to this situation). 

The email address, on the other hand, is a case to case basis. How is this person sending you this money? If they are sending it using your PayPal.Me link, or through third party sites like eBay, then your email address will be the one shown to them because this is your username on your account that is linked with the selling site or PayPal.Me. But if someone is to send you money using your phone number manually, then your email address will not be shown. 

Hope this helps. Stay safe! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @User924 

If someone is sending you money, your address will not be shared with them. The only time this is going to be shared is when you use it as a shipping address on a purchase (which doesn't apply to this situation). 

The email address, on the other hand, is a case to case basis. How is this person sending you this money? If they are sending it using your PayPal.Me link, or through third party sites like eBay, then your email address will be the one shown to them because this is your username on your account that is linked with the selling site or PayPal.Me. But if someone is to send you money using your phone number manually, then your email address will not be shown. 

Hope this helps. Stay safe! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.