HOMEWHIM

ACR2
Contributor
Contributor

Is Homewhim.com legit or was I just scammed out of $69.98?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bronikins1 

@ACR2 

Sounds like one of these???

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@ACR2 

I hope you are doing well.  You must be worried about your purchase with this merchant for some reason but one thing we can assure is when you pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Purchase / Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help you get a full refund.

Please check these articles below that might be helpful.

Does PayPal cover my purchase if there's a problem? (Purchase / Buyer Protection)

I didn't receive my item or it's different than described. Should I open a dispute?

Thanks for using the community forum! Please stay safe!

Login to Me Too

Bronikins1
Contributor
Contributor
I am wondering the same thing! I have emailed them to ask what is happening with my order, and have not received an answer yet.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bronikins1 

@ACR2 

Sounds like one of these???

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dogcat99
Contributor
Contributor
IRS deposit my stimulus check on 6/3/20. How long do it takes to hit my paypal account?
Login to Me Too

K_R_3_3_T
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal refunded my money for this company. I live in USA.
Login to Me Too

K_R_3_3_T
Contributor
Contributor
I opened a case with PayPal and my money was refunded. I live in USA
Login to Me Too

Bronikins1
Contributor
Contributor
I did the same thing! I am also getting a refund
Login to Me Too

ACR2
Contributor
Contributor

I also opened an investigation with PayPal and got a full refund. I'm embarrassed that I fell for this! but thankful for PayPal looking out for me.

Login to Me Too

cowboykojak
Contributor
Contributor
I got taken for 97.93 ordering wipes for my law firm. I am very disappointed that PayPal didn't alert me. I will be in touch with American Express about Pay Pal's gross negligence.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.