ET MCI Sale - Charges

dreiquevada
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I withdrew an amount from my PayPal account to my bank account (MetroBank - Philippines). After doing so, there were charges in my bank account with transaction name as ET MCI Sale. There were even 3 and they are very large charges summing up to 5504.97 PHP. What is this? Can someone verify this transaction? I really do not remember using my PayPal account nor my bank account to pay these kind of fees. Please help. Thank you

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19
Solved

dreiquevada
Contributor
Contributor
Turned out I was a victim of phishing scheme. Apparently one of the Metrobank's ATM is compromised and my account in bottomline was hacked. This is no fault of PayPal at all. Hackers just put random transactions in your account (including this: PayPayl ET MCI sale). Apparently, many have experienced this issue so I think just don't use Metrobank at all.
Login to Me Too

Cbularon
New Community Member
Me also how you can get money tru my atm account with out asking me plz solve this i need my money back due to pandemic here
Login to Me Too

PotPourri
Contributor
Contributor
Same here! I message Metrobank about this Last month and they didn’t know about my concern. Today I checked my Bank account online and boom! Another Debited Urgh! Dated: July 18,2020 P1,680.41 April 25,2020 P1,290.00 May 23,2020 P1,295.57
Login to Me Too

denodvina
New Community Member

Same here too. Just debited Php1,250 today (April 1, 2021). Metrobank must protect their clients!

Login to Me Too

zaldy1523
Contributor
Contributor
Today, July 27,2020 at around 2am Philippine time, I found out my Metrobank debit account has 8 transactions to ET MCI SALE. I woke up with the texts on my phone giving me OTP from Metrobank. What shall I do to retrieve the amount? Appreciate if someone can advise with the same problem and successfully get back their money. Please. We are in covid-19 pandemic and it is very sad some people are taking illegal activities.
Login to Me Too

Markeyknows
Contributor
Contributor
me too please help me to return my money
Login to Me Too

shiriku16
New Community Member
I also this Charge from my Metrobank account.. I didn't know what is this charge
Login to Me Too

laramaricon08
New Community Member

SAME ISSUE! How did this get solved?

Login to Me Too

DyollEtnariuq
I got a charge of MCI sale on my metrobank prepaid account when I checked my online Banking. How can I get my money back.
Login to Me Too

Jhoane21
New Community Member
I didn't even connect my metrobank debit to my.paypal .. how's that possible
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.