Do banks see PayPal balance

Number1007
New Community Member
So I have $5 in my PayPal wallet and whenever I try to make a purchase it always asks my to link a card. If I link my card, will the purchases show up on my bank statement/ can my bank see this transaction? The money was not sent from my account, a friend sent it to me.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Temp20210220h
Contributor
Contributor
They try to get you to link card in case cost of item is higher than you're balance. If you link a bank acct., you set up pp to automatically pay using pp balance before using card. If you buy something through pp after doing that and it's the amt of your pp balance or lower, no it won't show on bank statement. You just have to make sure when you go to pay, that it shows it coming from pp balance, if it doesn't, click on it where it will.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Temp20210220h
Contributor
Contributor
They try to get you to link card in case cost of item is higher than you're balance. If you link a bank acct., you set up pp to automatically pay using pp balance before using card. If you buy something through pp after doing that and it's the amt of your pp balance or lower, no it won't show on bank statement. You just have to make sure when you go to pay, that it shows it coming from pp balance, if it doesn't, click on it where it will.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.