Business PayPal for an Estonian Company

Rana_Majumder
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, One of my friend is resided in Bangladesh where PayPal doesn’t offer their services. So, he applied and got Estonian e-residency kit (please note, e-residency is a service provided by Estonian govt. where the e-residents can register their business in Estonia and operate the business from anywhere in the world). He wanted to know if he will be able to open a Business PayPal account for his Estonian company. Since, PayPal is a location specific service and they don't offer any services in his home country (Bangladesh) so would it be possible to open a Business PayPal account by a Bangladeshi citizen for a Estonian company? Does PayPal ask for personal information like residing country, passports, etc. while opening a Business Account in Estonia? Thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rana_Majumder 

Your friend can't reside in a country PayPal does not service and open an account under another country. That is against PayPal User Agreement and grounds for permanent account limitation.

Accessing the PayPal services from a country that is not included on PayPal's permitted countries list is a restricted activity. Yes, PayPal will eventually ask for documentation to verify identity: residing country, billing address, photo ID, passport, bank statements, credit card statements, etc  One can be a Bangladesh Citizen to use PayPal but they have to reside/have active presence in a country where PayPal is permitted. So for example, if your friend have a business in Estonia but live in the UK where PayPal is permitted, they can open a Estonia PayPal for their Estonian business.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Rana_Majumder
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Thanks for the answer. I am a Bangladeshi citizen as well but i am resided in Australia. So, if i join my friend's company as a partner with 25% share and then apply myself (using my Australian address) as one of the owners for the Business PayPal account for the Estonian Company, do you think it might work? 25% is the minimum ownership required by PayPal to be able to apply for a Business PayPal Account as far as i know (please correct me if i am wrong). Also, on later date which is obvious that PayPal is going to ask me for the identity proof which documents will be enough to prove them that though my passport is a Bangladeshi passport but i reside in Australia? There should be similar cases like mine where people are residing in other country with a passport from their home country. What do you think? Thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.