Brand new, very basic question.

Boatface
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I’m brand new to PayPal. I have found something online I want to buy with my paypal account. I have my account linked to my credit card only. Do I have to transfer money to my paypal account from my credit card first before I can use it? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Nope - you should be able to use your card for the purchase.  (Note, PayPal considers a card as your backup funding source and as additional proof of ID, you can use the card for purchases but, it won't work for adding funds to your PayPal Account Balance, that's where having a bank account linked and confirmed comes in handy.)

Login to Me Too

Boatface
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I have one more very basic question. I don’t know how to purchase this thing I want to buy. When I log in, it takes me to the “summary” page. So if I want to buy something do I just click on the “send or request money” link and enter the email address?

Login to Me Too

Rinda

on the "site" that you want to make the purchase from, there should be a PayPal payment option to select

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.