Am i dealing with a scam?

Alizadehshekar1
New Community Member

Hello! I'm a new user of paypal, I dont know so much about paypal what ik is that there is many scam and people tryna get info about bank accounts and other stuff. I were dealing with a guy recently and he wanted to buy my football boots. I live in sweden and he tried to talk with me in swedish but he mostly talk in english. I send him my email adress to get the money from him and I have asked him some personal questions like where u live but he didnt answer them. He told me that gonna send me the money and I got this email with this from: <removed> Welcome to PayPal Hello <removed> My name is Richard <removed>. I am a PayPal representative responsible for your transaction with .... You have received a payment of 3,100.00SEK from ... (....) to your PayPal account. But the money is temporarily suspended for security reasons, Please respond to this message so that we can give you some steps on how to complete the transaction. (...) is the guy I'm dealing with<removed> In the mail you can see *Welcom to paypal* writing on blue, and the money on red. Then I confirmed it. Then I got an email from: <removed> Saying that you have to pay the fee or charge by buying bitcoins to a bitcoin wallet and send the screenshot of invoice to verify. Is it a scam? I really need help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alizadehshekar1 

Yep scam, thats not how paypal works.

Paypal does not expect sellers to send any money to be able to receive a payment !!

No funds in your paypal account balance = you HAVE NOT been paid.

Paypal certainly does not tell you to send money using another funding source like bitcoins etc.

As soon as you send the bitcoin you won't hear from him again and you certainly will not get any payment.

He does not even have a paypal account, he asks for your email address so that he can then send the FAKE paypal emails.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.