Account Limitation & Refund

wendybuhari
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold my soccer boots to a buyer thats a Paypal user. Im not a paypal uset but my partner is. Basically the lady was going to send me $230 for the boots including shipping money. Seeing that i didnt have a paypal account she sent through hers to my bank account. She then later said that Paypals maximum limit to send money is $500 and in return i had to pay her $270 to even things out and that after i send the money I'll get the $500 into my bank account. After sending the money and showing the reference number to paypal, it said I'd receive my money between 3 - 6 hours. The next morning I got an email from Paypal saying that i sent the money while things were being updated. Meaning that i couldnt get my money, the $500 into my account until i send $500 to the buyer and she sends me $1000. (that was the new maximum limit to send money, $1000) Im just wondering if this is a scam? Do i really have to send money in order to get my money? The lady has received my $270, which i sent on Moneygram but my $500 hasn't been given to me. I have not sent the $500 to her. What should i do? Im now using my partners PayPal account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DyceMann
Contributor
Contributor

Dude, this smells like scam to me. I don't believe you ever have to send a person money directly to get money via paypal. It really sounds like scam to me. I wouldn't do it. Sell those shoes to someone else. 

Just my 2 cents worth. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

DyceMann
Contributor
Contributor

Dude, this smells like scam to me. I don't believe you ever have to send a person money directly to get money via paypal. It really sounds like scam to me. I wouldn't do it. Sell those shoes to someone else. 

Just my 2 cents worth. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.