2 accounts became merged

RobD3
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure how it happened, I think it was the password-save feature in Firefox, or Google, but some how my account and my mother's account became merged.  Her account was showing all of my transaction details and bank info, so I removed my email address from hers, but had to reopen a Paypal account under my email.  So now her account is showing all my info, and my "new" account is bare.  I think I emailed Paypal about this in the support section, but nothing pops up saying "email sent" and the page doesn't reload as if it went through after clicking the blue send button.  Does anybody know how I would go about fixing this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Jwoodruff1028
Contributor
Contributor
It’s almost exactly what happened. They wonder why I won’t get their credit card. Good luck I’m praying I don’t think we should have to deal with you need a human customer service is a thing if the past a computer can not compute human facts that matter. Good luck I’m going to call if they don’t
Login to Me Too

RobD3
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure if this is the official fix or just a work around that worked for me.

What I did was un-link the bank account from one account, closed that account, and then linked that same bank to the account I wanted to keep.  So far it's working just fine.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.