primary receiver isn't enabled to send payments using balance

acnow
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys: my website is live and we are using adaptive payment. A user from India uploaded a digital product and when a user from USA tries to buy it.. they are getting the following error:

[{"Receiver":"","Category":"Application","Domain":"PLATFORM","ErrorID":"580022","ExceptionID":"","Message":"The primary receiver is based in a country that isn't enabled to send payments using balance","Parameter":"","Severity":"Error","Subdomain":"Application"}]

Any tip on how to solve this? Thanks!

--
I have read that Adaptive Payment doesn't work in India?

--- this is a forum that was facing similar problem:
https://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/797650-paypal-india-error-warr...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Andre

Hi, Indian PayPal accounts can't use balance to send payments, therefore you can't use an Indian PayPal account as the primary receiver.

Consider that with Adaptive Chained payments, when you create a transaction, the funds first reach the primary receiver's PayPal balance and the secondary receiver's funds are taken from the primary receiver's balance and sent to the secondary receiver/s, but as Indian accounts can't use the balance to send payments then you receive the specific error.

Login to Me Too

acnow
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot for your answer. Can we get a list with all the countries that don't pay with paypal balance? I have done research on this and I couldn't find information about this and I think it will be useful for my (and all) developers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.