advanced credit and debit card payment options not available in accept payments

smzeeshan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to use PayPal advance payment options in my website to allow customers to purchase service by entering very basic of there credit/debit card details. Currently I am using the standard Javascript SDK which is showing a bulk of options including Billing address details, country and postal code etc, I want to remove all these unnecessary fields in my PayPal checkout and utilise the hosted fields option but found the somehow its in eligible in my account. Later I tried to check for the advanced credit and debit card payment options in my Account settings in my App Features, but its also not available.
Please someone guide me how can I turn on advance payment options to accept credit/debit card payments in my website without billing/shipping address details and utilise the hosted fields?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

vaishnavib

Good day @smzeeshan,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Firstly, I would like to clarify that the billing/shipping address is indeed a working functionality in the JSDK. However, the option to remove the shipping address is available in PayPal. You can achieve this by passing the parameters in the body of the create order API with the value 'NO_SHIPPING' for the shipping_preference parameter.

It is important to note that the previously used fields in the application_context are now deprecated. Instead, we recommend utilizing the experience_context object under the payment_source. This will allow you to access the necessary fields, such as payment_source.paypal.experience_context.shipping_preference. By specifying this field in the experience_context object, instead of the application_context object, you will be able to proceed smoothly.

For more detailed information and further details about this change, I kindly request you to refer to the following link: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v2/#orders_create!path=application_context/shipping_pre...

Lastly, please be aware that the billing address functionality cannot be removed as it is an integral part of the system's workings.

If you still facing the issue, please create a MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  with the detailed information and error details.

Sincerely,

Vaishnavi

PayPal MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

smzeeshan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @vaishnavib ,

Thank you for your reply. I check the integration details once again and will follow your guidance. If I face any problem then I'll post again here in the same post.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.