Legitimate?

nemosdad
New Community Member

When attempting to log in to my Paypal account, I received this notification.  Is it a legitimate Paypal announcement?   

Electronic Communications Delivery Policy (E-Sign Disclosure and Consent)
Error Message

Starting in January 2012, your PayPal account will be temporarily deactivated and you will not be able to send or receive funds using your PayPal account until you provide your consent to our Electronic Communications Delivery Policy.

Please read and accept the Electronic Communications Delivery Policy now.

We'd like to continue providing you information about your account electronically such as through email, web pages, and .pdf files.

In order for us to continue sending you information about your account electronically, please read and accept our Electronic Communications Delivery Policy today.

I AgreeI Agree
I have read the Electronic Communications Delivery Policy (E-Sign Disclosure and Consent) and agree that PayPal may provide information to me about my PayPal account electronically. I confirm that I can access and print or save emails, web pages and .pdf files that PayPal sends or otherwise makes available to me.

Copyright © 1999-2011 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

user111
New Community Member

Mod's, I'm a little concerned. I just used my paypal account for the first time in a while and received the same email, BUT, before I got the email mentioned above, I received the following email first. It did not look or "feel" right; a quick Google search shows this to be a scam email. So, how is it that I got a phishing email asking me to verify my account information seconds after logging into my account?  Either a crazy coincidence or something is lurking about. 

Dear Valued Member,

Recently, our system has detected unusual charges to a credit card linked to your PayPal account.

Access to your account was limited for the following reason:

We have established that someone tried to access your PayPal account without
your permission. To ensure greater security, we have limited access to your account. We have sent
you an attachment which contains all the necessary steps in order to restore your account access. 
Please download and open it in your browser.

(The locator for this reason is PP-244-692-109)

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this
is a security measure intended to protect you and your account. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
PayPal Account Review Department

Login to Me Too

davidcollantes
New Community Member

It isn't good to receive an email asking me to do something it was already done a while back. Paypal should know that I did, and not resend the message. It leads to believe Paypal does not know what is doing.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi davidcollantes, and welcome to the forums!

That's great feedback. The email was sent in batches, and some people received their emails after already agreeing. I can definitely see how that would be a confusing experience, and I apologize for the frustration.

To prevent any further confusion, so all of the information can be in one place, I'm going to lock this thread and refer you to the discussion in this thread. If you have any other questions, they should be answered in the post in that link. If they're not, feel free to ask them in that thread.

Thanks for the feedback!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

carouselrosa
New Community Member

From the Virtual Agent :

The Electronic Communications Delivery Policy explains how we send you important account information electronically. Please review and accept the policy by logging in to your PayPal account. If you don't see the policy after log in, we've already received your consent – you don't need to do anything.

Login to Me Too

jetgnt
New Community Member

I would like to ask someone who uses Ebay a lot to help me learn which way is the best to sell. Auction, Buy it Now, reserve price and etc.

Login to Me Too

Draeger_Vinyl
Contributor
Contributor

It really all depends on what you are selling.  Some items do much better in a fixed price format, and others do amazingly well at auction.  I sell Vinyl Records and Collectible items through an eBay store and what I do is if I know what I need to get out of an item I list it fixed price/buy it now for 30 days with best offer available.  This will be your cheapest option depending on what listing upgrades you decide to use if any.  Your insertion fee for auction is going to depend on your starting price, and then if you add a buy it now option to that it will be an extra fee as well.  Auctions are best to start at say 75% of what you would like to get out of the item to entice buyers to bid(and make sure you check what others are pricing the item at and you can list at a lower starting price to generate more interest).  The only risk in that is you may only get one bid and not make as much as wanted.  That is where the reserve price comes in.  I do not use this option myself because I find that it really tends to deter a lot of buyers from bidding because they have no idea how high they have to bid to even be in the running for your item.  Basically Reserve is just a way to protect yourself from losing money on an item, and I would only recommend it on big ticket items.  You will see reserve price a lot on high dollar Vinyl and Turntables etc...  SO I would just start out slow, sell some small items until you get used to the inner workings of the eBay world.  If you know what you want out of an item list it fixed price, and if you have a vague idea of what you want for an item and don't have to much money invested in it take the small risk and put it up for auction and see what happens.  Also in your fixed price listings you can always choose to accept offers from buyers by setting up the best offer option.  This will allow buyers to send you their best offer and you can choose to accept or counter offer - this is a great way to sell items fast.  If you look at the price of similar items selling at auction and they are doing well with a lot of bids and a lot of interest you can always start an auction at .99 cents and then your insertion fee is only 10 cents up to 100 items per month.  I would only do this if the same item is doing well with 3 to 4 bids or more to ensure you get a higher price out of the auction.  I hope that this info can be of some help to you, and that you get a great start on eBay.  It can be a great place to make some extra cash, and in general people are honest and trustworthy.  But just remember that you will run into some difficult people just like you would in a retail setting.  My advice on that is to have great communication with you buyers - keep them updated and answer all inquiries in a timely manner.  I try to get back to customers within a couple hours at the most so that they fell secure and that their seller is there for them.  Another piece of advice is to print out your shipping labels on paypal because your buyer will then be instantly updated with a tracking number in their purchased items section which will really make them happy.  You will receive higher ratings if you provide tracking info guaranteed.  Good Luck - and I wish you well on eBay

Regards

Draeger Vinyl and Collectibles

Login to Me Too

compuhockeybike
New Community Member

I've received 2 or 3 of these. Sent them to spam. Then got another one this morning. I checked this time. I ALWAYS log into paypal via ebay...just to be sure. As I found nothing, no link, etc., on my paypal page I found this forum.

After reading what some others have said I checked...address is from paypal "@" e.paypal . com which I don't think is a valid paypal address.

Also, upon checking the email further I found that it was sent to an address I haven't used in over 3 years and is NOT my current, on file, email address with paypal OR ebay.

So, spoof, scam, whatever...if you responded to it (via their link and logged in) I'd suggest trying to log in again and change your password. To me, it looked like the paypal page and all but I didn't log in that way preferring to travel the ebay route to log in just to be safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.