Security Key won't work!

Brett_tubbs88
Contributor
Contributor

I just got my security key in the mail and I am trying to activate it and it asks me for 2 codes by pressing the button.... but my problem is, when I push the button.. no number appears... why not?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Brett_tubbs88
Contributor
Contributor

anyone..? do I have to get a new security key after I got one that doesn't work..?

Login to Me Too

ncguy41
New Community Member

I am on 3rd security key card and none of them work worth a crap. They all have the same problem you are having. The button simply doesnt work 99% of the time. It takes me about 10-20 minutes to get a code to show on the screen. I paid $30 for this piece of junk.

I looked at the back of the 3rd replacement card for the serial number to compare it with the 2nd one and they are only a few numbers different. Clearly this is a bad batch of cards. PayPal needs to stand up and do the right thing. Actually test the cards before they send them out and throw out the bad batch and get some that actually work!!!  Get on it PayPal!!!!!! This is pathetic to say the least.

I'm off to order my 4th card!!!!  Sad, very sad....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.