Legitimate?

nemosdad
New Community Member

When attempting to log in to my Paypal account, I received this notification.  Is it a legitimate Paypal announcement?   

Electronic Communications Delivery Policy (E-Sign Disclosure and Consent)
Error Message

Starting in January 2012, your PayPal account will be temporarily deactivated and you will not be able to send or receive funds using your PayPal account until you provide your consent to our Electronic Communications Delivery Policy.

Please read and accept the Electronic Communications Delivery Policy now.

We'd like to continue providing you information about your account electronically such as through email, web pages, and .pdf files.

In order for us to continue sending you information about your account electronically, please read and accept our Electronic Communications Delivery Policy today.

I AgreeI Agree
I have read the Electronic Communications Delivery Policy (E-Sign Disclosure and Consent) and agree that PayPal may provide information to me about my PayPal account electronically. I confirm that I can access and print or save emails, web pages and .pdf files that PayPal sends or otherwise makes available to me.

Copyright © 1999-2011 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

leiasolo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone:  Here is the link to answer your question:  https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/esign_full

According to PayPal, this is legit and has to be agreed to by everyone, whether you are a buyer or a seller -- it describes how PayPal delivers their communications to you electronically.

This is not a spam error or anything like that or for phishing.  I thought it was at first, but when I called PayPal and they assured me that it was for everyone, not only for buyers, but for sellers too, then I was reassured to go ahead and to agree to this.  The message came across when I tried to log into my PayPal account, and I had to agree to it before I would go into my account.  If I didn't, then the same message would come to me every few weeks or so until I would have to agree to it.

Login to Me Too

Whattheh
New Community Member

Forever!

Yes, always PayPal has stated that they will NEVER send out an email stating to have your information again, or "click here to login" crap that you get from spammers.

But here (if you are correct) they are indeed doing just that.

Well **bleep** it! If I don't get the info in the mail, I ain't falling for it. And it will be their fault that they lose me as a customer if they expect me to click on this email link they placed out there. 

By the way, it came to me in my junk folder, further cementing my belief it isn't true (even if it ends up being true). Tuff luck for them, and SHAME on them.Man Mad And I ususlly never have a problem with them.

Signed,

Waiting for the US mailing letter from them only (with apologies).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Whattheh, and welcome to the forums!

The email itself should detail instructions for logging in outside of the email, by opening a new browser. There is no need to click a link in your email.

Bear in mind that some email readers will automatically make a hyperlink if there is a URL typed in an email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

andrea0599
Contributor
Contributor

So where do I indicate my agreement?

The email I received states:

Please agree to our Electronic Communications Delivery Policy today. It’s easy to do and only takes a few clicks:

Click the Electronic Communications Delivery Policy link and read the policy

Click the checkbox to accept the policy

Click Agree and Continue

I do that, but there is no link to the Electronic Communications Delivery Policy.

Also, I've been to the Legal Agreements section and located the policy in question, but I don't see any way to indicate that I'm agreeing to it. 

Am I just missing something obvious??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi andrea0599, and welcome!

If the link is not there, then you've already clicked through an agreement page at an earlier time.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

andrea0599
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that definitely helps, Olivia.  Thank you!

Andrea

Login to Me Too

sandyhoney
New Community Member

I have had the same problem this morning. I got an email saying I needed to do this. But there is no link  or anthing to agree to. I have spent the last 30 minutes of my saturday morning fumbling with it lol. Glad it's not just me.

Login to Me Too

andrea0599
Contributor
Contributor

@sandyhoney wrote:

I have had the same problem this morning. I got an email saying I needed to do this. But there is no link  or anthing to agree to. I have spent the last 30 minutes of my saturday morning fumbling with it lol. Glad it's not just me.

I know, I wasted an hour on it, too.  Why doesn't the email simply state that if you don't see the link then you've already done what's necessary?  What a pain in the neck.

Login to Me Too

ladyhawk5
New Community Member

If this is true that i'ver already signed up for ir, why did i just receive the email today?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.