How to change your Administrative email address!

DenyReality
Contributor
Contributor

If I can save one person from the headache of simply trying to change their $%#^@ Administrative email address without having to scour endless so-called "help" pages and deal with Sarah the customer service dolt-bot, I have earned some karma points.

Man Mad Just
click this **bleep** link!

... no need to wonder how one gets to it. 

$%@^@!!!

Have a swell day.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

normamac
Contributor
Contributor

THANKS for this info!  SADLY.. it STILL does not work.  I am unable to change my address from my work address, which I must do.  So, in the meantime I get NO payment confirmation emails... GRRR

Login to Me Too

Skyncb
New Community Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

vze2rxts
New Community Member

It's amazing that this topic is right here...  Thanks so much for the link.  I successfully set my correct "administrative" email addy, but now it won't let me use the Primary email addy the same as the "administratve" addy.

I'm just trying to update from an old defunct address to the one and only email address that I actually use. 

Good grief.

Login to Me Too

DenyReality
Contributor
Contributor

It would make sense to have two email accounts.  One for backup.

Just a tip...

I bought my own domain name that uses my ebay name

i.e.  denyreality is my ebay name

so I bought

http://denyreality.com

and I just have it forward to my auctions, not a web site.

But, you can also have unlimited email account forwards.  And it looks a bit more professional.  So maybe your firstname(at)yourdomainname(dot)com or something, but it forwards to a gmail account or something. 

In this case, you could create your Admin and Primary as email forwards, and change them as much as you want.

The service I use is under $10 a year...

http://bit.ly/URLforward

and includes everything I just said.

I just noticed a coupon code! If you enter "ILUVMOM" when you pay, it comes to about $9 with tax I think. I would assume this code expires this month. I don't know.

Anyway, just an idea.  I love having my own domain as I can forward people directly to my auctions without the long link.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

kfin
New Community Member

Thank you! The link worked for me. Sara is such a dolt-bot!

Login to Me Too

devinevegan
New Community Member

Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too

I would kiss you if you weren't so ugly!!!  Really, thanks so very much.  I've been trying to change the darn thing for half a year now; and like you said, help cannot be found.  Mark

Login to Me Too

HbyH
New Community Member

Thank you very much.  Your link was extremely helpful. 

HBYH

Login to Me Too

carriez
Contributor
Contributor

It took me to the page but i keep getting a different problem. I want to add an email address, the one i actually want to use now. Every time i click add address it takes me to a page that says:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.