Birthdate not correct

oddity
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I just opened my PayPal account and am in the process of verifying it via my bank account.

Now I was wondering whether this is temporary or a mistake and how it could happen in first place.

As I was getting a little used with the (little hard to use) PayPal account profile I stumbled upon my birthdate,

Account holder date of birth:13/12/1901

Jesus I never added that date and it's not a changable field so I was wondering whether this gets auto corrected once connected with my bank or am I domed to celebrate my 110th birthday the 13/12 this year, I'm still young, gee!

And as I can't find an aswer to this either I was wondering whether someone could tell what it is when a website wants to associate my PayPal account to my profile on that website and asks me for:

Payment Option Type -  PayPal

Payment Option Name - My Payment Details

I can't find this (Required Payment Details) in my PayPal account? Is there not some sort of account number now to my new PayPal account?

A tip: maybe this is something I still have to add to my PayPal account, I don't know but I know that it would let me save it without adding anything and as soon as I would like to add my email address associated to my PayPal account or my Name it would give me this error:

Information

There was an error submitting your data.

Please check your input and try to correct any invalid fields.

You can chose on FunCom to pay by PayPal and their form looks like this 

Payment Option with Dropdown where I chose PayPal then...

Your Reference: [My Payment Details]

Hope someone can help, I want to Pay something on their site.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

I think the Date of Birth that is being displayed is a preset, and isn't the actual date of birth we would have down for you.  In fact, based on that it sounds like a pre-set, chances are we don't have one down at all. 

So - congratulations you're young again!  Smiley Very Happy

As for the payment information these websites are asking you for, I'm assuming you're selling on them?  If so, they're asking for the email address you use to log in to PayPal.  It's ok to provide that,  because that's how we route payments.  Websites need to know this information so the payments can be directed properly.  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

oddity
Contributor
Contributor

Well it would be great if I could adapt these things now as I'm now verified (And I still can't change it). It seems to already cause issues maybe as I'm trying to purchase an app and sofar my former account has only been frozen.

Eeek, I wish this would go even faster, like instantly?!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.