Add an US shipping address to a canadian account?

Brina_ca
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, guys,

How to add US shipping address to a canadian account? I am trying to add a gift address but the country is set as default, can't changt to US.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Brina_ca,

Welcome to the Forums.

There is not a way to add a US address to a Canadian PayPal account. The gift address you add must be in the same country as your PayPal account.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

CherylADSA
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Misty,

are you seriously saying that someone in one country cannot buy goods on ebay in a second country and send it to someone at a gift address in that second country?  That furthermore, the seller revokes all his protections if he agrees to do this because it's "completing the transaction outside of paypal/ebay?".  Here is what my seller is telling me (and I quote)

I have had US Paypal customers add Canadian gift addresses so it can be done.

If the item is stolen or there is a delivery dispute I am only covered financially by Paypal if the item is sent to the exact address in Paypal.

Please, Please tell us how his other customers in US were able to add a Canadian gift address.

Login to Me Too

CherylADSA
Contributor
Contributor

There IS a solution to this.  After checking around a bit, I realized that although you cannot add a permanent gift address in another country and have it on your paypal account there is a way to enter, one time, a gift address in any other country, at the time you are paying for a transaction, which is all I was trying to do.  MY BAD.

Anyhow, Misty, your earlier post to the forum member asking about this was kind of misleading.  At least it mislead me.  To any eBay buyers simply trying to buy and ship to someone in another country (thereby avoiding inter country shipping hassles), you just have to enter the shipping address as you are confirming payment in PayPal.

Login to Me Too

gunnar-sweden
Contributor
Contributor

In my case (I reside in Sweden) I have a MyUS.com  shipping account with a Florida address. But there is no way for me to set that address as Ebay primary shipping address. And due to this I am not allowed to bid on goods where the seller require that the buyer have a U.S primary shipping address. I cannot see why this limitation exists. If I have a US shipping I should be able to bid on auctions that require the buyer to have a US address. But I am not allowed to specify a US address.  The MyUS.com service can handle all payment with the seller in a fully US way so that would not be an obstacle.

Login to Me Too

CherylADSA
Contributor
Contributor

If this is a restriction the seller is placing upon the buyer, could you not set up a separate eBay buyer account with a primary address of your Florida shipping address? 

gunnar-sweden wrote:

In my case (I reside in Sweden) I have a MyUS.com  shipping account with a Florida address. But there is no way for me to set that address as Ebay primary shipping address. And due to this I am not allowed to bid on goods where the seller require that the buyer have a U.S primary shipping address. I cannot see why this limitation exists. If I have a US shipping I should be able to bid on auctions that require the buyer to have a US address. But I am not allowed to specify a US address.  The MyUS.com service can handle all payment with the seller in a fully US way so that would not be an obstacle.

Login to Me Too

OceanCB
New Community Member

The transaction could not be completed because the seller ships only to the US

Login to Me Too

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

This is strange, for the last 4+ years I've had my brother-in-laws address in Michigan in my Canadian Pay-Pal account. I've had "0" problems, it simply was in a drop down menu that I would enter when paying. Yesterday I made a purchase from the U.S., to be shipped to my home Canadian address, because they have no problems with shipping to me. The e-mail I recieved said my home address was unconfirmed! So, I went into my Pay-Pal account, it said my address was verified, however I noticed in the addresses, it had my home, then my brother's in Michigan, then my home AGAIN! So, I figured that might be the problem, deleted the second home address, but here's the strange thing, it took out my brother's address instead! Now I cannot re-enter it, Canadain only now! What gives?

Login to Me Too

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

I've just completed a transaction on e-bay, and I CAN add in my brother's address still, it now shows up in a drop down menu on the checkout page, however, on my pay-pal account it is still gone! Oh well, not as big of a deal as I had feared! John.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.