eCheck business account

Riley101
Contributor
Contributor

A payment got put in pending for 21 days...

I was thinking it could possibly be an eCheck? or maybe something else?

And if it's an eCheck how can you tell? (i got a paypal business account)

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Riley101 

An eCheck is a payment that's made directly from bank account.

Just like a regular check, it usually takes between 3 and 5 business days for an eCheck to clear and the money to appear in the recipient’s PayPal account.

Both eChecks and Instant Transfers are ways to pay with your bank account. With an eCheck, the recipient receives the money in a few days. With an Instant Transfer, the recipient receives the money right away (as PayPal fronts the money ahead and await the money to clear the bank.

And PayPal emails you and tells you an eCheck payment has been sent and to not ship until payment is cleared, which PayPal will also email you about. Unless PayPal doesn't do it anymore with their interface changes, it should also say it's an eCheck in the transaction details.

If it's been 21 days, the sender has to call PayPal or their bank to trace it.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

OR...the payment is subject to the PayPal 21 day hold, you'll have to click "add tracking" and select an appropriate order status and then ask the sender to confirm receipt on their end of the transaction to release funds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Riley101
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response! 

However, it says the Payment type is instant, so I'm unsure why they are holding it for 21 days...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.