Wrongful Hold / FTC Complaint / Consumer Attorney

bdittrich
New Community Member
I am writing regarding a wrongful hold placed on my funds with PayPal. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to resolve this issue with PayPal by telephone and chat, I contacted the Better Business Bureau ('BBB") this morning to file a complaint. Upon reviewing the BBB website, I discovered that PayPal recently entered into a consent order with the FTC regarding its Venmo payment service. From a cursory review of the consent order, it appears that the wrongful practices described are not limited to the Venmo service, but are more widespread and affect a significantly larger portion (or perhaps all) of PayPal's user base. The following is a link to the summary of the FTC settlement on the BBB website that describes these practices:

I again contacted the company via email and chat today and asked to be put in contact with someone in PayPal's legal department to discuss this issue. Instead, I was provided with a toll free number for a call center and a fax number for the dispute resolution center (which has failed to resolve my issue after numerous contacts from me). Can anyone recommend a California attorney experienced in consumer class actions and disgorgement claims under Section 17200 of the California Business and Professions Code?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

playpa1ISdying
New Community Member

foled with the banking commission, paypal served ND DIDNT RESPOND..... THATS MEANS THEY GETTING HIT WITH ANOTHER FINE////// GO ME

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.