Paypal is taking my money.

emilyrubenstein
Contributor
Contributor
My money keeps getting put on hold. I had $0.00 and need to feed my family. I sold a few things from my business yesterday in person and the transaction was done over paypal, the woman received her product and me my my money. Well paypal thinks it has the right to hold the money for 21 days. I needed the money yesterday, i waited on the phone for 2.5 hours, i sent them multiple messages and they didn't do anything. I dont think its okay that paypal interferes with my business. After i get my money im closing my account and never coming back. **bleep** you paypal
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emilyrubenstein 

As you have not said what country you are in all i can give you is this link on the new seller hold.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vi26
Contributor
Contributor
Right about now I hate PayPal. I ordered a washing and cancelled the next day but they have charged me for it and would not release my refund, it's under pending. Their staff are useless, they told me it will take 3-5 days for my refund to reach my bank it's been over 5 days. They have increased the days, probably to a month. So glad eBay isn't partnering up with them anymore. Bunch of thieves holding on to money that doesn't belong to them to increase their profits. I won't be using them if I can help it.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vi26 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.