PAYPAL SECURITY HOLD ON TRANSFER/WITHDRAWAL

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I added my new debit card to my PayPal account and verified my ACH transfers with the same bank the debit card is with. I then requested PayPal to transfer my $50 balance from my PayPal wallet to my debit card and paid the $0.25 fee to have it transferred within 30 minutes. As soon as I clicked complete PayPal notified me that my transfer is under review via email saying - "For security reasons, we need a bit more time to review your transfer request. This process can take up to 24 hours. If it passes our review, we'll release it and then the regular withdrawal timeframe (about 30 mins) will then take effect. We'll email you as soon as we have an update." (No further emails since they've sent this one...)

Is there any way I can help resolve this issue and receive my money? I also have an additional $45 that I want to transfer to my debit card. If I try to transfer that to my debit card now will that also get bumped into a security review since the 1st one is still under review? Anyone have any idea how long this is going to take? So far I've been disappointed with how long every transaction I try to do on PayPal takes! It used to be instantaniously for mostly everything but lately all my transactions hit a dang block of some sort. It makes me look into other services moving forward.I called PayPal and waited on hold for 30 minutes to see if I personally talked to an agent maybe they can help verify that it is my personal debit card and I requested the transfer so there is no need to place a hold on my money for security reasons. The agent told me there's nothing I can do and that it can actually take up to 72 hours(!!) to resolve through their system.

edit - tried to transfer my remaining $45 and same thing happened. ANOTHER security hold. Called paypal again and they could not give me any answers they act completely clueless! Tried to blame it on my bank and this time told me it may take DAYS to get my money. Made ZERO sense with what she was saying. I called my bank and everything is gravy on their end. This is all paypal being shady af. Unhelpful. Stupid. Unintuative. 

Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

Rocket56
Contributor
Contributor

I've been with Paypal for years, I've had thousands of dollars go through my account. Now out of the blue they are holding a funds transfer to my bank. I've never had any issues where they should do that, there are no blemishes on my PayPal account. They borrowed MY money without my permission at no benefit to me. I could have spent the funds out of the account immediately, but now that I want the balance transferred they are not allowing that. I do not have use of MY money for my benefit, Paypal is borrowing my money interest free without my permission. Their explanation is some bogus **bleep** about security. **bleep**, they are borrowing MY money interest free AND THEY KNOW IT. I have filed a formal complaint with my state's Attorney General requesting that they look into this illegal use of MY money. **bleep** PAYPAL. I will never accept a dime through **bleep**Pal again, not a single cent. **bleep** PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

Awest1981ks
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah this is total **bleep**ing **bleep**. There isn't even an option to cancel the transfer to try a different card or account. There really needs to be a class action lawsuit over this practice. It can't be legal to kidnap someone else's money in order to make a bigger profit.
Login to Me Too

miguelangel0
New Community Member

So this is my 3rd time transferring my funds to my debit card, the first two went smoothly but this time I've been hit by the 24 hour review. Does anyone or for the people who experienced this issue know how long does it actually take for the transfer to be successful?

Login to Me Too

Momg

Yesterday Aug 26 I put 1200 prepaid Visa cards into my account

by my mistake I hit my debit card instead of the card I met to use. From this mistake it has taken the transfer amounts to my bank as debits and threw my bank account in a negative balance. Now pp won’t take the hold off my account and money. Can’t get nowhere with these people

Login to Me Too

baileybotanical
Contributor
Contributor
Got me like this too. Try venmo. Instant transfers and less excuses.
Login to Me Too

Jamiet3
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having this same issue in 2019 on Wednesday October 2nd 2019 I had money deposited into my PayPal account I went to transfer the money into my Bank account and I was blocked I called PayPal and they said the “internal system “ detected a possible risk for transfer so i had to wait 24 hours for review so I said ok no problem the next night Thursday around 830 pm I was able to transfer money to my wife’s PayPal account I then made another transfer early Friday morning to my wife’s same PayPal account no problems however later that day I tried to transfer the rest of my money to my wife PayPal blocked it by it’s “internal system “ saying it detected a possible risk for transfer so now transferring money from PayPal to PayPal is a risk? Then I’m told there is no way to override the system I’m an IT tech there is always a way to override the system people still program computers at least in the world I live in however PayPal will have you believe computers program people they give me two options to get my money either withdraw it with my PayPal card or do a cash out at Walmart question if I can withdraw my money or do a cash out why can’t I transfer money doesn’t make sense I can’t find my card cause it got packed during the move there’s no Walmart close to me and I can’t transfer to my bank or another PayPal account so my money sits in limbo there’s no risk assessment department to speak to they can’t override the system and apparently these problems have been going on for years with their “internal system “ blocking everything for “ security reasons “ doesn’t make sense when they’ve verified everything my identity my bank this is the last time I ever have anybody send me money thru PayPal thought I would be quicker and easier than sending it to the bank my mistake 4 days later still trying to get my money
Login to Me Too

Urnotalone
I haven't seen anyone say they have received their money. Has anyone received their money and how long will it take? It's my first day of this crap.
Login to Me Too

zlatko90
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is strange for last two months I cant get my money. I using paypal for years and in last two months they holding arround 200 euros in my account and I cant withdraw that. 

They turned automatic transfers but it is nonsens I cant transfer manally also. My account is okay no limitation and there is no reason for limitiation.

I started to think that I will not get my money!!!

Login to Me Too

How long did it take to get your money
Login to Me Too

OhaPieceaCandy
Contributor
Contributor
When I first started transferring funds to my bank I never used to get funds put on hold. Recently every transfer to my bank has been held and most are being held for 10+ days. Never had any refunds from buyers or any negativity towards my account. This is highly frustrating.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.