Instant Transfer to Debit Card

mbrewer714
New Community Member

I did the instant transfer to debit card from my wallet.  Paypal assures you this will be complete in 30 minutes.  It's been over an hour.  The money is gone from Paypal, but not in my bank account.  I could have used this money 59 minutes ago, as I am hungry, and I need it to buy lunch.  Don't tell me something is going to be instant (or take 30 minutes) when clerly this is false (based on many other people's comments).

Login to Me Too
92 REPLIES 92

JD4Real
Contributor
Contributor

Its Aug 24th 2018. I wish I read these before I tried the 'instant' to debit card. I should have just did the transfer to bank account.

So my issue is similar to everybody else's here, but I was concerned because my bank account balance was (for example) $100. I have a pending debit of $15 (so shows $85). I did the Paypal to debit transfer for $80 (usually takes minutes) vs the bank account transfer so I could get it quicker (obviously).

So I did that. Checked my bank account and sure enough it shows the Paypal (not Pending) a postive of $75.75 - however instead of it being %160.75 - it still shows $85. But it acts like the Paypal deposit/transfer has already posted - NOT PENDING. So I'm like 'wtf, where is the $75.75?' 

Edit: Good news, I checked it one day later. It did post and update the balance to be correct. So it may be worth the .25 to debit transfer on a Friday if 1 Business Day to Bank doesnt show until Monday.... idk.

Login to Me Too

It has been 1 full buisness day or 24 hours be and I have not received it in my account either. PayPal says transfer complete but it's not in the bank. Now I have insuficiant Funds and will more than likely have a fee I will have to pay. If it had gone Into the bank when it said it would not have been in the negative. So now ALL my grocery money will go to cover the fee. IF IT EVER TRANSFERS INTO THE BANK. ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE LONGEST WAIT IS FOR THEIR MONEY TO HIT THE BANK? 3 days to a week or more? I used the transfer to card, suppose to take 1 full buisness day.
Login to Me Too

eblobulator
New Community Member

I recently had to change to a new bank (long story).  With my previous bank when I did the transfer to debit card it was in there within a minute.  However with my new bank for whatever stupid reason it takes just over 24 hours to transfer.  Example if I transfer it at 4pm it doesn't get in there until 6pm.  I think after my bank closes not sure but it's stupid.  I'm considering calling my bank to find out to see if they can figure out anything but not sure.

It is very frustrating when you have to wait a hole day with a new bank.

Login to Me Too

Engr_Mesh
Contributor
Contributor

We are not in a writing contest. Please, its two in the morning, I will write ones and not read through it so pardon my grammar.  Thank you

I am writing this answer to help anyone who might have the same experience.

My instant transfer was working well until one day the bank issued new cards, after I updated my card and confirmed with PayPal, instant withdrawal failed while withdrawal to checking and savings account continued to work. Several calls to and from PayPal but nothing happen. A few months later, instant withdraw is working again so here are possible problems:

You have not confirmed your card

Did you confirm your card by having PayPal send two small amounts for credit cards or withdrawing a small amount from your account for debit cards and then putting a four digit number on the transaction? If you did move to the next stop, if you did not be sure to check the next point.

Account Edits

Have you done any major changes like password, phone numbers or cards within the last few days and keep getting errors here and there? Congratulations you have triggered PayPal security system. Please call or email support to help you after confirming your identity (that is what I did for the fast withdrawal to work which actually took three days to get to the bank). If you are in another country, you can send an email and request them to call you, they will. I did not call but let them call me because calling the USA from my country needs some good airtime.

Is the card new?

Like my case, instant withdraw failed after my card got change and I had to build up my account again. 

Is your account too young?

Young or newer accounts tend to trigger PayPal security system so much. Use it for sometime some people call it aging the account.

Is withdrawal amount too high compared to your past withdrawals?

When I started freelancing, I used to withdraw $500 or less. As I got more clients, I started withdrawing bigger amounts. Guess what happened when I moved from $500 to $1500 withdrawals. The first $1500 took 5 days yet the others often take a minute to get to my card. I had to call PayPal (because I was broke duh!!!) and then I got it. I can withdraw any amount within my newly developed limit within a minute but if I was to withdraw a higher amount am pretty sure it will freeze again for a few days. More like breaking virginity of that new limit before you can get back to normal Cat TongueCat Wink

Did you use a new computer or network or cleared your cookies?

PayPal monitors your IP and cookies, Bros please don't be logging in anywhere unless on your PayPal app on your phone. But on browsers, never, apart from the possibility of being Key logged, you are going to trigger PayPal security system, get asked to confirm your account by entering a six digit number, Instant withdraw may not get through because PayPal wants to keep you safe from the irregular activity which appears to them as not you.

There are many other possibilities but from my experience, these are the common ones I have been experiencing from time to time.  

Login to Me Too

Jonnyboy22

Over one year later and the same apparent problems still exist. Had I only read these comments before I used PayPal's scam instant transfer. Says it will transfer funds directly to debit card within 30 minutes, bringing no attention to the fact that it may take up to 24 hours if your card needs to be secured and also giving no information as to which cards are in fact even eligible. For me the transfer read as completed in my PayPal activity, however there was no pending transaction or even any record of my bank or card receiving these funds. Basically this service sends your money into limbo and they make it hell for you to get it back. Never using ScamPal again.

Login to Me Too

JPZosa
Contributor
Contributor

after reading all the comments, only reaction I have was *sigh
I shouldn't have listened to a friend who said it would be that instant since im using a visa card
The usual process i have was i convert it within paypal then transfer the amount to local bank
and usually this takes within the day for me to get it. And ive been doing that for as long as I remember
I kinda get excited to the thought that i'll instantly get my money but after reading all the comments *sigh
I guess I dont have any better choice but to wait for a week or so. So much for a Merry Christmas geez!

I should have trusted my instinct not to do it since I was okay with my usual process. haist!

Login to Me Too

abicks
Still waiting for my "instant transfer" as well. This has been the longest 30 minutes of my life. By 30 minutes I mean 18 hours and counting...
Login to Me Too

dwarihay

me too...instant my butt...i was counting on that money for sure and has really **bleep** my situation 

Login to Me Too

JPZosa
Contributor
Contributor

For those who have VISA debit card, please add it on your PayPal like how you can add a credit card. 

Next, email PayPal by going to https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Select Sending/Receiving Money>Currencies and Exchange rate>Fill out the rest of the form

In the email, please mention that you would like to change the currency of your VISA card ending in XXXX to US Currency.

(TIP: You will receive an automated message so copy and paste your original message when you respond to it so that an actual agent will help you out. They will either email or call you)

Lastly, change your PayPal Primary currency to USD.

Login to Me Too

piticu81
Contributor
Contributor
I retired my money to the credit card he pass 3 days and i dont have my money but i pay the fees and nothing on my bank acount the money comes on 2 days and on credit card i dont know
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.