How do I stop paypal from paying my negative balance without my approval?

lara22
Contributor
Contributor

I have a negative paypal balance. Happened as I had insufficient funds in my bank. Anyway I can now pay off most of it and was about to until I noticed on my bank paypal has already taken back some of the money they had to reversal on me. I'm down with that except there is one last payment coming that I do not have sufficient funds for but will not next week but the week after but I'm concerned paypal is going to just take it all in a few days and get me charged on my bank with insufficient funds again. Is there a way to make it stop doing this and CONTROL when I pay? As right now paypal is slowly charging me for the reversals but I was under the impression I could choose when to add to my balance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lara22

Sorry but why did you think you could choose?

Paypal would have fronted the payment for you so they want their money back and will continue trying your bank account OR back up funding source ie a card until its cleared.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

whatbalance
Contributor
Contributor
Those are 28usd penalties and a tiny subscription for 99cents on some app somewhere becomes 28.99 so now I may be, with a couple more Instant bblindside withdrawals be like 110 in the red, so fair and great for whoever gets that moneyI CANT AFFORD bc paypal fairs itself on my potentially rapidly approaching skull. Ur killing me here. F ask before stealing like I am wont to do. May I punch ur gold facade in?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.