How do I complete and process a payment as a seller?

Baza97
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to complete and accept the payment from a buyer but i don't know how to accept the payment. It says on my summary page that the bill is still pending but I've received an email that the payment was received and that it's in my pending balance and that i have accept the payment first for the money to be transferred to the available balance. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Baza97 

SOUNDS LIKE THIS SCAM, READ IT FIRST TO SEE AND IF ITS NOT POST BACK FOR OTHER INFO.

SCAM.

They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout. They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Baza97
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

The email wasn't in junk though but rather in my inbox so I thought it was legitimate. The email I received was from <removed>. Should the email address actually be <removed> since I am in Australia? (I'm writing at(@) instead of @ for the emails since I'm not allowed to for some reason...)

Also, if I was sent payment from a legitimate buyer the bill should be completed without me having to do anything right?

Lastly, I was quite suspicious because eBay stated that the person was located in Pineville, Kentucky but they wanted me to send the item to Houston, Texas to the location of a shipping service to Nigeria (shoptomydoor.com) and the address had the name Ojetunde <removed> even though the PayPal account's name was under Roseline <removed>.

The email I received is down below. If you can help me further and provide any more advice, please do so.

Please process this order as soon as possible

Dear Baza97,
You received a payment of $1,025.00 AUD from Roseline <removed>. Please process your order right away.
This payment is now in your pending balance and temporarily unavailable. This money will be moved to your available balance and released to you in 12 - 48 Hours (as long as there are no problems with your orders).

Want to get your payment of $1,025.00 AUD faster?

Here are a few steps you can take:
Ship your item quickly. Then send the receipt you get from the post office to us at: <removed> in other for us to mark it as shipped on the Transaction Details page. We would estimated your payment release date: Within 24 - 36 hours of the delivery date immediately.
If you provide a UPS, FedEx, Auspost tracking number, your estimated release date is within 6 - 12 hours.Have a product or service that doesn't need to be shipped (e-book, piano lessons, etc)? We would mark your order as processed and provide details. Estimated payment release date: Within 6 - 12 hours as soon as we verify the picture of the receipt your get from the post office proof.
For more information, log in to PayPal and click See how to get your money faster at the top of the page. You may also get the payment earlier if your buyer confirms that the item was shipped without any problems.

Payment Details:

Amount (pending): $1,025.00 AUD

Transaction ID: U-8H069407Y6530852E

Buyer's Email: <removed>
Ship to address:

<removed>

Sincerely,
PayPal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Baza97 

I think that if you read my reply again you will see that i did not say that the email 'would' go in your spam folder i said it 'may'.

Secondly I have already said this is a SCAM as I said...............

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.