Bank account already added but paypal asks for adding funding source

hmussana
Contributor
Contributor

My problem is that I have already added my bank account (European bank with SEPA mandate accepted) but whenever I want to make an online purchase and use paypal as an option, it redirects me to a page asking to add a funding source. And then if I add bank account from there, it says bank account already linked. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hmussana 

Read the checkout screen carefully, it may be asking for a credit card as a back up funding source so the payment can go by Instant Payment (PayPal fronts the money ahead to the recipient and PayPal waits for the funds to clear your bank). Some checkouts require you to add a credit card so if you don't have a credit card, you probably won't be able to checkout as it seems its going around and around like a loop if you keep trying to add your bank or select your linked bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hmussana 

Read the checkout screen carefully, it may be asking for a credit card as a back up funding source so the payment can go by Instant Payment (PayPal fronts the money ahead to the recipient and PayPal waits for the funds to clear your bank). Some checkouts require you to add a credit card so if you don't have a credit card, you probably won't be able to checkout as it seems its going around and around like a loop if you keep trying to add your bank or select your linked bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.