Allowing Multiple Currencies for Canadian Bank Accounts

SU_Lifestyle
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am a Canadian Business owner that deals with multiple currencies on my PayPal account. 

I would like to see a change when it comes to adding multiple bank accounts to PayPal. I have a Canadian dollar chequing account and a US dollar chequing account with my Canadian bank. Unfortunately I am not able to add my US dollar account to PayPal. I would like to see a change in the system that would allow me to select Canada as my country and be able to select which currency my account is. I believe most of us who use PayPal in Canada, also have a USD balance on our accounts and believe it would be beneficial to numerous companies and individuals if we had the ability to add accounts in multiple currencies. It would be as simple as adding a drop down menu when adding a bank account to select which currency you use. We have the same information for the US dollar accounts as our Canadian ones (Transit # - Insitution # - Account #). 

If you are experiencing the same issues please make a comment on this post so that we can help PayPal see that there are multiple accounts that deal with this same issues.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SU_Lifestyle

You think you're doing something by arranging your finances in this way but no. PayPal accounts are country specific so don't bother adding a USD bank account opened with your Canadian bank. Won't work. PayPal will convert all funds back to CAN$ and then your USD bank account will convert back to USD, costing you more. The powers that be know about that loophole and closed it, especially if the value of the currency is not favorable compared to USD. 

If you want to maintain USD, then open a US PayPal account, a US Bank account on US soil and maintain a presence (mailing address, tax ID) in the USA.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SU_Lifestyle
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, but i don't understand why i can't choose a currency.

I want to leave it in USD. I don't want to change the currency. I want to be able to withdraw USD from my USD account as we do a lot of travel to the US.

We make a bunch of affiliate sales and income from the US, and as a business I want to be able to use the USD when traveling. 

What loophole are you speaking of? I'm only trying to get my money to a point where I can withdraw the currency I wish. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.