transfeering between paypal acxcounts

paulcowell
New Community Member

Hi. i originally setup a hong kong paypal account some 10 years ago. i moved to singapore and never changed the account - but now i have a sum of money i would like to transfer out of paypal, but the only option from the hong kong paypal is to pay into a hong kong bank - which i no longer have. any ideas ?

thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Since you are living in Singapore now, you will need to open a Singapore PayPal account with a different email address (preferably), local mailing address and active financial information/accounts in Singapore.

It is highly risky activity to send/transfer money between PayPal accounts you own in two different countries though. You can try to send the money to a VERY trusted family member with a PayPal account through friends and family (fees may be applied) and they can PayPal it to your Singapore account AFTER you have it set up and in proper working order. Or the last resort is to use your balance to fund payments for purchases. 

I can't stress this enough to all PayPal users moving: PayPal accounts are as important as moving house or your bank account. You have to close up shop and take your money with you before you leave for a different country unless you maintain active residences/financial accounts in both countries.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.