same E-Mail address for different paypal accounts

AntoniaWerner
New Community Member

So here is the thing. I had a german paypal account (with my german bank card/no visa) and now I am living in the US and wanted to make a new american paypal account with my Bank of America debit card. Unfortunately I used the same E-Mail account for both paypal accounts. This is according to the paypal terms not possible, but somehow it still worked. When I logged back in, in my  paypal account I only saw my german card and not my american one. I was kind of confused because it looked like the american paypal account never existed. Then I started making a new one, but since then I cannot connect my american debit card to a new account, because it says that this card is already connected to an account but I cannot see this card in my account!?!?! How is this possible? Help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dian

Hey @AntoniaWerner

Thanks for asking your question here. 

You can only open 1 PayPal account per email address. I think that there might have been a typo or a small difference in the email address in the new PayPal account that you created in the US. 

If you could call us we can look up accounts on the card number and help you further to resolve this :). 

You can contact us through the 'Help & contact' link at the bottom of each page or through Twitter and Facebook.

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.