running balance

kells14
Contributor
Contributor

I want to be able to see my balance after each transaction. Not on any of the reports that I have downloaded will show a running balance after each transaction. not under transaction history, custom or any of them. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

My reg bank shows a running balance PayPal used to.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Re: To see your running balance, please follow the below steps: Go to Activity. Click Statements on the right of the page, then click Custom. Click the dropdown menu on the transaction type, then choose 'balance affecting' (you can also set up the date range and file format). Click Create Report. ***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺
Login to Me Too

Bild
New Community Member
Hi, after I click on Activity I do not see Statements anywhere on the page. I used PayPal app on android and Firefox and Samsung internet and still don't see Statements. Does this have to be done on a computer?
Login to Me Too

btbuster
Contributor
Contributor

This does not work

Login to Me Too

cabbie
Contributor
Contributor

I did this today and I still don't get a running balance. Did they change this recently and forgot to update the instructions?

Login to Me Too

RegBradley
New Community Member

Doesn't work!!!!

Login to Me Too

Charlie802
Contributor
Contributor

I find it very concerning that Paypay goes to so much trouble to hide the running balance.  They are probably the only financial company I've seen do this.   It's not standard practice for any banks.  Over the years there have been ways to get to this information but they keep removing the options.  They've always hidden the fees you pay, no reason you need to see that. 

Login to Me Too

Imunhappy
Contributor
Contributor
We should see the changing balance without need to creat statement just in the Activity area itself. I feel always that My money is not safe if balance is not shown next to each transaction just like any bank application. WHY YOU DON’T SHOW IT DEAR PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

cabbie
Contributor
Contributor

If you still don't see a running balance be sure to choose CVS as the format to create and print...

This worked for me...a MAC/CHROME person...

1. Log in

2. Go to Activities

3. Go to statement (upper right)

4. Choose "Custom"

5. Choose "Balance Affecting" for transaction

6. Choose your date range

7. Then choose CVS (the other methods did not show a running balance)

8. Hit "CREATE" and wait for your report to be generated. 

I hope this helps, as Paypal could not answer this simple question. Their steps don't work for me. They kept referring me back to a page with inaccurate/incomplete instructions. 

Login to Me Too

GoodJob
New Community Member

Thank you for a solution that works.  CSV is better than nothing.  The PDF report is lacking the balance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.