"Money is waiting for you" "claim it" PayPal holding my money

djnesado
Contributor
Contributor

For the past 5 months I've had this notification stating "Money is waiting for you" "Claim it", and this notification is completely restricting me from making purchases with my PayPal account. The way it's restricting it is that it's stating that I have to either put in my Social Security Number, which I do not feel comfortable doing and do not want to, or I won't be able to use my money what so ever. I looked into it and apparently this is only supposed to happen when you're selling thing through PayPal, which I am not. I used PayPal to receive money from a friend and use it to purchase various things online. For a while it was just fine, but then this came up. It's extremely frustrating that PayPal has basically stolen the money given to me and has been holding onto it, without any right to do so, for the past 5 months. What do I have to do to prevent or remove this and get my money back?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.