paypal issue..

samsam2019
New Community Member

when I send money to friend by friends and family it pops up on their end that its on hold because its been sent by goods? but it haven't? so they have to refund it to me ..I cant send payments to no one and withdrawing money it takes 24 hours everytime to go in my bank anyone know how to solve this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@samsam2019 

Depending on the country you are from, friends and family payment option may not be available.

Go to this page to check if you can send friends and family payments or not:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

Go to the Personal menu and click the option about sending money. It should tell you whether you can only send money for goods and services.

If you can only send money for goods and services, the recipient has to click "Add Tracking Info" on the transaction and then select an order status (Order Processed or Shipped without tracking number) and then ask you to confirm receipt to release money. If it does not let you confirm receipt, then they a have to wait 21 days for the money to be released by PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

samsam2019
New Community Member

im in uk family and friends is working over here ive been using it before never had problems till today 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@samsam2019 

Have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance at all recently?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.