change country back to united kingdom

mruser1
Contributor
Contributor

my paypal account is saying Bulgaria but account was setup in the uk my bank account is in the uk, been told to set up another account making sure i put UNITED KINGDOM with my uk address and not Bulgaria.

if i set up another account would i not lose the money in the account i have already, or can i set up another uk account and have the money transferred from one paypal account to another.

thanks for any advise in solving my problem

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mruser1 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

If you open an account in another country then you would never be able to use it properly or withdraw any funds so you would need customer services help and they 'may' be able to transfer those funds to your new account for you. HOWEVER sometimes they can't as you can't verify that old account then they can't transfer the funds so you may need to contact the folks that have sent you funds and ask them to file a dispute to get their funds back and send to your new account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mruser1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, i did set up my account in the uk and my uk bank was linked and verified, while working in Bulgaria for a year i changed my address because i thought i would have to, to enable me to use it while away should have left it as it was, i will get in touch with customer accounts and see what they say, i can get a new paypay account  verified  with the same bank account so maybe they can transfer from 1 verified account to another.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.