I can't spend my Paypal money because I'm under 18, what?

matt_m21
Contributor
Contributor

I have had my PayPal account for almost a whole year, and for all that time I have been receiving money and spending money on it, but for some reason it now says "money is waiting for you" and has my entire account balance in this blue box on the screen. So I go to accept the money in order to keep it in my account for spending, and it asks me to put in some info (my full name, date of birth, last 4 digits of SSN, and address,) and once I put in my date of birth (which is under 18) it says I need to be 18 or older to get my money! Keep in mind that I have been using my PayPal balance as a minor for almost a whole year, and this all the sudden happens. Is there anything I can do to get my balance or is this some kind of glitch or even a hack?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@matt_m21 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will be subject to sending and receiving limits.
When you reach those limits you will be unable to verify your account so your account would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back.
When you are 18 you would be allowed to open another account and then you would need to contact customer services to transfer the funds for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@matt_m21 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will be subject to sending and receiving limits.
When you reach those limits you will be unable to verify your account so your account would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back.
When you are 18 you would be allowed to open another account and then you would need to contact customer services to transfer the funds for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.